|Originating department:||Risk Management|
|Company Circular No:||LCH.Clearnet Ltd Circular No 2737|
|Service Circular No:||RepoClear 153|
|Date:||25 November 2010|
|To:||All RepoClear Members|
Dear RepoClear Member,
1. In accordance with the Sovereign Risk Framework issued on 5 October 2010, and in response to the yield differential of 10 year Irish government debt against a AAA benchmark, LCH.Clearnet Ltd has revised the risk parameters for Irish government bonds cleared through the RepoClear service. The margin required for positions of Irish government bonds will consequently be an additional 45% of net positions over the standard margin rate.
2. This will also apply to Irish government bond exposures in the single 'A' €GC basket.
3. This decision is based solely on publicly available yield spread data and in no way represents a forward looking market view. LCH.Clearnet will continue to monitor yield spreads closely and keep the parameters under close review in accordance with the Sovereign Risk Framework issued on 5 October 2010.
4. The additional margin will be charged on net exposure at close of business on Thursday 25 November 2010 and will be reflected in a margin call on Friday 26 November 2010.
5. Details of the Sovereign Risk Framework can be found on the LCH.Clearnet website (www.lchclearnet.com) under Risk Management > Ltd > Margin rate circulars > RepoClear.
6. Report 74 (available on the LCH.Clearnet Member Reporting website) will detail any further changes in the margin levels charged under this framework.
7. This circular supersedes circular LCH.Clearnet Ltd Circular No 2720; RepoClear/152 dated 17 November 2010.
8. For further information please contact either myself (email@example.com), +442074267103 or Tom Chapman (firstname.lastname@example.org) +442074266338
Director, Risk Management